I have just recently noticed a hard lump/bump/pimple type spot inside my mouth, located opposite my front tooth line on the inside of my lip. It is almost located where the gums meet in between the lips and teeth. It is pressure sensitive, like when I smile. The coloring is pink with white inside it, and it does not seem superficial. It seems to come from somewhere, but that is the spot that is hard. I am concerned about this new spot, but I have limited funds and no insurance. Any advice about what this could be would be appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 21st, 2011
it sounds like an abscess to me, I had one after a root canal. You need to go to the dentist to have it treated, sometimes it requires another root canal(if you've already had one), but if it isn't treated it can make you really sick and you could lose the tooth
|

replied December 21st, 2011
That absolutely sounds like an abscess, you should check if there is a source for infection somewhere nea, most probably your anterior teeth, maybe one or more are decayed have large cavities or periodontal involvement/ gum disease. Whatever the cause you need to see a dentist to determine the real cause and get rid of it. Sometimes the abscess can "resolve" by itself if the infection is draining throu a different path, but leaving the problem unattended can cause serious problems like septicemia/invasion of your bloodstream by bacteria among many others. I hope this helps!
|
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....