I have a hard lump on the temporal bone behind my ear, it does not move. It has been there for about a year or more. It doesn't hurt when you touch it but it often causes pain in, around my ear, and where the lump is. I don't know if this is connected but for a couple nights this last week there has been tingling in my head right above the ear that has the lump. What is it and should I be worried?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2012
Especially eHealthy
hillaryheller,

Without further studies, it is not really possible to know the exact cause of the lump.

It is not uncommon for an exostosis (benign bone lump) to form on the skull. And, many soft tissues masses can seem very firm.

But, again, without an examination and maybe some studies, it is not possible to know what this is. However, lumps and bumps are very common on the head. (Phrenology is the study of the bumps on a persons head.)

If you are concerned about it, have your physician take a look at it. Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank Gaelic for this post: hillaryheller 
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....