Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

hard ish cluster of fleshy colored bumps on his penis

User Profile
The guy I've been seeing has developed (from what I've seen and felt) a small hard ish cluster of bumps on his penis shaft. There are also single ones present and they are fleshy colored and getting darker. They've been there for at least a month now and it seems that more are popping up and are not going away. Since they have latest for a longer duration I wasn't thinking herpes especially because they don't look like blisters and none have opened. I need some advice on what to look up because he hasn't made a Dr's appointment. I show no signs of anything yet and I'm worried for the both of us. I've looked up a lot of things but nothing seems to fit and they don't seem to be causing any side effects to him. Maybe some itch but that's about it if any.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2015
Welcome to e health forum.

It is difficult to diagnose skin issues without proper examination of the lesions. Additional medical history also helps to provide the proper diagnosis and treatment advice.

Lesions with multiple vesicles / blisters in the pubic area as described here could be due to folliculitis.

Folliculitis is a superficial infection of the hair follicles characterized by erythematous, follicular-based papules and pustules.

Folliculitis is often mild and self-limiting if the predisposing factors are removed. some important measures include avoidance of tight clothing, occlusive dressings and adhesive plaster, and (if shaving) to shave in the direction of hair growth.

Daily washing with an antiseptic product (like Dettol or Savlon) may help to prevent or control mild cases of folliculitis.

Other non-infective causes of folliculitis including trauma, occlusion of hair follicles, vitamin A or C deficiency, and actinic superficial folliculitis also need to be ruled out.

You may consult with your doctor for a prescription of Topical medications / antibiotics which can help treat your condition or also rule out other conditions.

I hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: Skin Health
Quick Reply
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.