At the beginning of January, I noticed that right above my right temple there was a very hard like bump underneath my skin. I was in a pretty bad car accident way back in November, so I thought maybe I had broken a bone up there or something. I went and got an x-ray, however the result shown were that there were no bone abnormalities or calcium build up. I am 20 years old and am extremely worried that it may be cancerous tumour. I've noticed that I get small tension headaches, where as I never used to. Also, for as long as I can remember I have always had really horrible sinus headaches, and quite frequently. Does anyone have any similar experiences or any ideas as to what it may be?Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper CoryJ
|

replied February 20th, 2010
Lump near temple area
I have the same "lump" on my left temple area. I had it xrayed and it came back normal but it is not going away. I did bump it on the car door but that was at least 2 years ago.. I'm seeing a dermatologist this week to see what he thinks.. no headaches from this just not sure why it won't go away.. Judy
|

replied January 8th, 2012
lump on head
I have the same problem above my right temple.It isn't painful. It is hard and I remember it being there for awhile, but for some reason i feel as though it got bigger. I have experienced some of the same symptoms as you, and I am also 20 years old. I think that Im going to go see a doctor to get it checked out.
|

replied May 24th, 2014
My little nephew has the same thing. He is only 7. What could this be?
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....