Medical Questions > Cancer > Testicular Cancer Forum

hard and definitely attached lump on my right testicle

User Profile
What could it be?
I have a pea sized lump on my right testicle. It is located on the side kinda, and at the top. Its hard and definitely attached. I already saw a doctor and I have an ultrasound in a couple of days.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 24th, 2012
Testicular Cancer Answer A35267

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Pea sized lump on the testes which is hard to touch can be due to:
1. Fibrous tissue
2. Calcified fat
3. Skin tag
4. Calcified cyst

It is difficult to tell what the swelling might be without a physical examination but if it is not growing in size and there are no other associated symptoms then does not seem to be anything serious.It is good that the USG is planned which would help in diagnosis.In such case biopsy is the gold standard to know the content of the swelling.Relax and wait for the results.

Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Testicular Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.