Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

Hand movements and epilepsy

User Profile
Hello,

I dont knw if you can help me with this or if it is something to be worried about but I am very curious to know what may be a possible problem if this is a problem. Epilepsy is known to run in the family way back but I dont think it has anything to do with it but I thought that I would mention it. The problem, if a problem is that I get over-excited about things and my arms go into a kind of like bird flying or air drumming motion and I drift off into my own world getting over-excited about even something very little like a movie thats to watch or something I just though about that was good etc etc. I dont know if this is anything but it would be great to know just incase it is something to worry about or just to know what it is would be great, i do this offten but i can contol when I do it I guess, i just dont get too excited then i dont do it, but if i get to excited arms go again... please help thank you.

TJ

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2008
Epilepsy Answer A4162
Hello, I dont know if you can help me with this or if it is something to be worried about but I am very curious to know what may be a possible problem if this is a problem. Epilepsy is known to run in the family way back but I dont think it has anything to do with it but I thought that I would mention it. The problem, if a problem is that I get over-excited about things and my arms go into a kind of like bird flying or air drumming motion and I drift off into my own world getting over-excited about even something very little like a movie thats to watch or something I just though about that was good etc etc. I dont know if this is anything but it would be great to know just incase it is something to worry about or just to know what it is would be great, i do this offten but i can contol when I do it I guess, i just dont get too excited then i dont do it, but if i get to excited arms go again... please help thank you. TJ

Because you can control those hand movements when excited, it is likely they represent only a habit and not a neurological disorder.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Epilepsy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.