I have been running for a few years now and in late October, Early November, I was sprinting and pulled my hamstring. I decided to take a few weeks off and let it rest, but before I pulled my hamstring I kept feeling this uncomfortable aching pain in the upper end of my hamstring (closer to the butt). After a few weeks went by I decided to try to get into running again slowly, but that aching pain was still there so I decided to get an MRI. The MRI results came back negative showing no tears or strains in the hamstring at all. Winter break started a little over a month ago and I decided to try to start running again by jogging around 1-2 miles a day with a day or two off each week. While my hamstring pain was not bad I was able to run, but I still felt that aching pain when I was finished or was not exercising. I also noticed that when I lift weights (Which I have done also for years with proper form and proper shoes) that the pain is unbearable the next day. It is NOT just sore pain from a normal weight lifting session, it is an actual discomfort that feelings like a stabbing in my hamstring, or that it is deeper in the muscle and its like an itchy feeling/aching feeling that I can not scratch or rub out by myself.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks for reading!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 9th, 2018
Also sitting for a long time also causes some discomfort.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....