Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

halp with understanding my TSH, LH, FSH results

Hi!

I was on birth control since 2007. . The reason I started taking them the first time was because I had irregular mens and horrible PMS.after I stopped them in Jan, I started having irregular mens again for 3 mths (no abnormal pain this time). Then I missed mens for another 4 months.

My most current blood tests are the following:

LH 20.7 mIU/Ml
FSH 6.1 mIU/ml
prolactin 12.7 ng/mL
testosterone, serum 54 ng/Dl
DHEA-Sulfate 307.4 ng/dL
androstendione 170
TSH 0.241 uIU/mL , T4 9.9 ug/dL T3 uptake 33% and free thyroxine index 3.3
the doctor didn't tell me much at all. Just that my thyroid is hyperactive and he gave me Prometrium to induce my ovulation. After Prometrium I had a 2 day very light and brown bleeding. Now it's been 33 days since then and I have no mens again. I am very worried. I took Black Cohosh from a natural store. They say it helps with regulating mens. I also started using some Castor oil. What do you think about my blood tests ? the doc saidit's normal not to ahve bleeding for another 6 moths. But I don't want to wait. I want to tereat what it is to treat now so Ican be healthy and have kids in few year.
thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 4th, 2010
actually Prometrium from what I read doesn't induce my ovulation, but it makes me bleed.
|

replied August 4th, 2010
nobody knows? I didn't succed to post my message in the "Ask a Doctor "link
|
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...