Hair loss can be particularly devastating to women. While male hair loss is seen as inevitable for a large proportion of men in the community, female hair loss is far less common and therefore, less culturally, acceptable, which only adds to the stigma for those experiencing it. In many cases, the damage to a woman's self-confidence can affect her whole quality of life.

As a general rule female hair loss is quite different from male hair loss. Females experience a thinning out of mid-scalp and crown hair and usually retain their frontal hairline. Due to the different hair loss pattern and reproductive concerns, hair loss treatments suitable for men are not always safe or effective for women.

With this in mind, improvements in hair transplantation techniques have meant that we can now reassess female patients who, in the past, would have been rejected as unsuitable for the procedure. The new techniques have allowed us to:
thicken thinning areas while avoiding damage to or removal of existing hair follicles
utilise the dense packing procedure to achieve a relatively high density in treated areas
minimise scarring in both donor and recipient sites
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 4th, 2013
Yes. In the past two years, females are also benefiting from hair transplantation. My wife has had 2460 grafts transplanted in the frontal hairline. It has been 12 months and I could see new hair growing. The hair looks natural and I am very thrilled to have the results
|

replied October 19th, 2013
I had taken too many personal loan in Singapore, causing great stress that I think make me lose my hair, can anyone give an advice on what to do?
|

replied January 10th, 2014
There are many hair loss treatment options available for female that will help the body to metabolize testosterone. Rogaine performs both women and men. One more similar treatment is Propecia, although it is usually not recommended for women due to birth defects that it is known to cause. However, your medical professional might find that it is okay for you after menopause or a hysterectomy.
|

replied April 25th, 2014
Hair loss is very common problem for men and women best solution surgical hair transplant restore natural hair and looking as a natural.
|

replied May 8th, 2014
Apart from hair transplant, I believe hair loss supplements can also work out for that matter. Not all can afford the expensive procedure of hair transplant. Alternately, hair loss supplements received a thumbs up from many professionals.
|

replied May 8th, 2014
Hair Transplant procedure are not expensive cost depend on per graft and bald area of the head.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied June 30th, 2015
Hair transplant is best treatment to cure hair loss and baldness problem. It is helpful to restore hair on bald scalp.
|

User Profile
replied November 27th, 2015
I think best solution would be to use hair loss concealer like hair fibers.
|

replied April 28th, 2016
Hair transplant for me is the ultimate treatment for hair loss. The results are long lasting and it gives you natural-looking outcome (granted that you got it from a certified and experienced surgeon). Wigs, tattoos, any maybe even laser either bring temporary results or complementary action.
|

replied July 1st, 2016
Now a days hair loss is very common, every second person is facing hair loss problem. A healthy person lose almost 100-200 hairs daily but when it will turn into excessive hair loss it leads to hair loss especially in males.

Hair Transplant is a surgical technique, for hair restoration and prevention of hair loss and this is permanent solution of hair loss.
|

replied July 3rd, 2016
Here a few simple home remedies which can be tried at home to control hair fall.

1.Rinse your hair with a mix of apple cider vinegar and sage tea this helps hair grow..

2. A medicine rich in sulfur is also recommended as sulfur plays an important part in the structure of the hair.

3. Massage with olive oil before going to bed at night and next morning, wash off the hair gently..

4. To treat hair loss apply a little lemon juice with some black tea.Massage well and shampoo.

5. Beat two eggs,and add two tablespoons of water to it. Rinse hair and pour the egg mixture over the hair.Massage the scalp well and leave for 10 minutes.Then wash it.
|

replied November 24th, 2016
Experienced User
Before you go for hair transplant consult your doctor on which type of hair transplant suits you. Normally there are two types FUI and FUE. Shortlist a budget and therapy for hair loss. We also get over the counter medicines like rogaine and finasteride pills for hair loss.
|
Must Read
Hair loss affects more than half of the population by age 60. Start here for basic info on hair loss and types of hair loss that doctors can diagnose....
What causes hair loss? Read on for a complete list of possible causes so that you can evaluate and identify hair loss causes....
Do you know the early signs of hair loss? And when does hair loss require medical attention? Get better results for treating hair loss by identifying it early....