User Profile
Hey..I m a student . I m 17 years of age..2 years bak I had very beautiful and long hair andd they were even thick bt when I got a haircut last year , they have become thin and short too. My doctor has prescribed me minokem 5% . Please temme that how It would help me and how much time will it take for me to get that beautiful hair again. Also suggest me something so as to regain those thick and long hair quickly

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2014
Hair Loss, Hair Disorders Answer A47562
Hey

Thanks for writing to EHF!

Minokem 5% is an Indian origin drug containing Minoxdil. for your questions it appears you are a female so if you are really a female than let me tell you that it is a drug for male pattern hair fall (although also work for female but more precisely it is for men) . you need some multivitamins. I suggest you to visit some good doctor probably a dermatologist who can prescribe you a good multivitamin. but if you are male then yes this is a good drug for you and it will take like a month to show its effect. and same goes for multivitamin.

I also suggest you to give a read to our site Health center related to hair loss

http://ehealthforum.com/healthcenter/hair- loss/hair_loss-e480.html

Hope it helped

Hope it helped

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Hair loss affects more than half of the population by age 60. Start here for basic info on hair loss and types of hair loss that doctors can diagnose....
What causes hair loss? Read on for a complete list of possible causes so that you can evaluate and identify hair loss causes....
Do you know the early signs of hair loss? And when does hair loss require medical attention? Get better results for treating hair loss by identifying it early....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hair Loss, Hair Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.