Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Hair loss, fatigue, no drive, excessive sleep, get sick easily..

I've been having these problems for a long time. I'm not sure why I even have any hair left on my head as it's always shedding. My keyboard has my hair on it now. My scalp is always itchy, and if I run my hand through my hair, I can watch a couple more hair fall. I've tried coal tar, selsun blue, and a ton of other shampoos. Neither sides of my family have a history of balding. I'm already obviously balding a bit on the front sides of my head.

I'm also tired most of the time and sleep more than I should. I'm not terribly out of shape. I can run 3 miles, and workout regularly when I'm not sick, but I get sick all the time to anything I'm ever exposed to. Everytime I start getting slightly healthier, I end up with some new sickness.

I'm very strong, and my body doesn't look pudgy and out of shape like people with hypothyroidism. I also eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, take a multi-vitamin, but I do seem to have a lot of symptoms of a b12 deficiency, which makes no sense as I should be getting plenty in my diet. (even symptoms I haven't listed because I'm too lazy. I mentioned the worst.) I slept around 12 hours today in total... that's just not right. I do have a few symptoms of depression, but I think that's just a side effect of being tired all the time, and not the cause.

At any rate, what should I try next? I'm not going to a doctor because I don't have insurance, and I'm not paying them the ridiculous amount they charge. I did all the blood tests I could get my hands on: HIV, mono, All the HEPs, and a few more I can't think of. I wasn't able to get my hands on a hypothroid test kit because they're only being sold in bulk to greedy doctors that turn around and charge me $200 for the same dumb thing.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2010
Community Volunteer
My first thought was: thyroid

B12 deficiency can cause issues. Every month I give myself a B12 injection as my stomach no longer absorbs B12 from foods.

Zig
|

replied October 10th, 2010
Would it hurt for me to give myself a b12 injection if that's not really the problem just to test it? That is, will too much b12 give me issues?
|

replied October 18th, 2010
sleeping all the time, hair loss, fatigue, pain, depression
You are describing my housemate exactly. She has had every test there is, and no answers. She lives in the basement apt. of our house; I live upstairs. Now I'm starting to have similar symptoms. I'm wondering if propane is the culprit...or our Culligan system which has been a disaster since installation.
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....