Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

had sexual intercourse within the time of ovulation

User Profile
Still no sign of my period? So my period is a 28 day cycle lasting 5-6 days and my period was due the 16th of this month but on the day of my period I only had a brown coloured discharge there wasn't a lot and it only lasted the one day,I have had sexual intercourse within the time of ovulation using the "pull out" method which I know isn't always effective in stopping pregnancy,I've been feeling extremely nauseous lately and not just in the morning but all day long I've also vomited twice,my sense of smell seems to have become very sensitive and I've been put off a lot of foods for no apparent reason,my boobs have also been feeling very sensitive,I've been extremely fatigued and I've also noticed that I've been having a lot of clear discharge while wiping when going to the toilet now,could I be pregnant?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2014
Menstruation Answer A47935
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The symptoms that you describe (shorter, lighter and altered periods, nausea, vomiting, increased sensitivity to smell, changes in food preference, sensitive breasts, increased tiredness) could be few of early symptoms suggestive of pregnancy. If you suspect pregnancy chances, consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). If pregnancy gets confirmed, or if you develop any other new symptoms suggestive of ectopic pregnancy, consider getting ultrasound scan done to confirm the gestational age and location of pregnancy/gestational sac (intrauterine or ectopic). If pregnancy gets ruled out, further evaluation would be done to look for underlying cause for your altered periods and symptoms. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and evaluation results) would be started to help you control the symptoms and regulate your periods. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.