Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

had high Lipase and Lymphocytes but ...

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
I started having a mid back pain about a month ago and on some days i am heavily constipated but when i take laxative I have bowel 3-4 times a day. I did my CBC, Ultrasound, and X-ray. I had high Lipase and Lymphocytes but when i started controlling my diet and did the tests again, blood work came normal. nothing came in X-ray or Ultrasound. I have been noticing that everytime i eat heavy, i get a back pain and then it goes away for a while and comes back again. Also, if i sleep on my right side, it tends to pain but if i sleep on my left side, it does not hurt. It is very Dull ache on my right mid back,also i have noticed mucus with my bowel movemement.
Just wanted to post it out there and see if there are other tests that i can do.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 13th, 2011
Digestive and Bowel Disorders Answer A19550
Hello and thank you for posting your health query on E health Forum.

Based on the history, it seems that you might have developed some gastritis or a peptic ulcer disease due to the spicy and fatty diet you had during your travel.

Since all the blood tests and the ultrasound have been normal , you can take symptomatic therapy with antacids (tums, mylanta, etc) and acid reducing medications ( Omeprazole ) for 1 -2 weeks and you might get relieved of all your symptoms.

You constipation need to be taken care off by changing your daily lifestyle and a high fibre diet.

If symptoms not resolved you can consult a gastroenterologist for a upper GI endoscopy for definitive diagnosis and ruling out a H Pylori infection.

I hope this helps.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.