Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

had counselling in school but it never seemed to help.

User Profile
DarkCloud04-28-2014
I'm a 15 year old girl and I'm not sure what's wrong with me, I'm pretty sure that it's not my hormones. I been cutting for 4 years and I've had counselling in school but it never seemed to help. It's seemed to have gotten worse the last few months as I've been eating a lot more than usual, I feel really isolated like I have no one to talk to about anything and I'm feeling really hopeless. The feeling I have right now don't seem to be passing away and my mood swings are crazy! Recently I tried over dosing (not the first time) but I thought I done it as I slurred words and couldn't move and passed away but I woke up in the morning and been so down and low because I didn't achieve it once again. I don't really know what to do, I only know that it's going to get worse.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2014
Depression Answer A46981
Thank you for asking!
you need psychiatric help. You are too young to be disappointed. Get psychiatric facility and get rehabilitation programmes. Enjoy the colors of life and don't spoil it with these compelling overwhelming depressive and swinging moods stimuli. You need help of a psychiatrist and a lot of psychotherapy session. So get some.
Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.