Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

had a cyst since Fridayand she lanced it!

User Profile
I've had a cyst since Friday. Went to my doctor this Monday and she lanced it which left a hole in my vagina and she said that the cyst would drain on its own, but i haven't experienced any leakage and it seems to be getting bigger & the pain is getting worse. I've been doing cyst baths but that doesn't seem to be helping at all. What should I do?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 17th, 2011
Gland Disorders Answer A20991
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you out.
You seem to be suffering from Bartholin's abscess.
For Bartholin's abscess and cyst that are symptomatic (large or painful), the treatment is drainage. An abscess is an infection within an enclosed space, and antibiotics do not adequately enter into the enclosed space. Therefore, treatment of an abscess almost always requires that the infection be drained.
You must consult your gynaecologist for the same.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gland Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.