Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

gynaecomastia, now getting married and feeling nervous

User Profile
Hello doctor.. I am 27 year problem is my left chest is bigger than the right chest and it bulky like boobs...i studied on internet that it is gynaecomastia when a man get boobs..this is the problem from the childhood..but now i an getting married and feeling very nervous because of this..pls suggest me something

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2015
Mens Conditions Answer A51523
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

All offending agents e.g drugs like ketoconazole or exogenous steroids/ hormonal therapy needs to be checked for in the history. Liver disease and alcohol abuse should also be ruled out.Clomiphene or Tamoxifen can be used if surgery needs to be a second preference for the patient. Reduction mammoplasty and mastectomy can be considered in consult with a general surgeon especially if there is a unilateral lump or if medication don't produce the desired result or there are issues related to compliance with the medication.

wishing you best of health


Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breasts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.