Medical Questions > Cancer > Liver Cancer Forum

guidance for an HCC patient on advanced stage

User Profile
dear doctors,
my father is suffering from liver cancer on an advanced stage. His alpha pheto proteins have reached up to the count of 85,300. also, recent bone scan has shown that his cancer has spread to his backbone, left scapula and even the pelvic bone. recently his left leg has started paining extremely and it has become difficult for him to walk and even sit or lie down. the liver and kidney functions have also declined a bit in the recent tests. he is taking soranib and thangio in allopathic treatments and many other homeopathic & neuropathic treatments. there is this medicine called satcon that is also a part of his dosage as adviced by a known. he is having neem, tulsi, haldi milk and wheetgrass juice as well. further more, his appetite has reduced recently but still he is having all his meals on time and also include chicken in his diet.
i am quiet scared of the recent developments and urgently need some guidance so will be highly obliged.
Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Jas16
|

User Profile
replied October 6th, 2011
P.S.- also wanted to add here that my dad's liver is cirrhotic which makes surgery impossible.
|

replied November 4th, 2011
Hi ,

My father also suffering from same problem his apetite gone down now he is having fever while browsing i came across INSTITUTE OF CELLULAR THERAPIES P. LTD. in noida i have appointment on wednesday i will keep u posted if its worth trying mean time u can also keep in touch:)this treatment is quite expensive 2.5 lacs for 6 months Sad
|

User Profile
replied November 13th, 2011
Experienced User
Jas16, I've read your concern about your dad. There is a very powerful antioxidant that's necessary in supporting the liver. Have you heard of Glutathione, it is the most powerful antioxidant for your liver and every organ in your body to fight inflammation which at times results in cancer.

As your Doctor about this. You might have to research it yourself, but I can tell you there is science available now to better support your fathers liver through supplementation.

Of course through supplements we cannotmake claims to Diagnose, treat, or cure anything only help the body do what it was already design to do.

God Bless your Father!
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied January 11th, 2018
Hi jas. My father is also suffering from HCC cancer. His liver function are normal. Pl let know about the effectiveness of Satcon medicine. Pl also suggest me the other alternative medicine.
|

replied January 29th, 2019
This kinda resonates with me. My Uncle is also suffering from HCC cancer too and doctors refused to do sugery since his liver is cirrhotic too.
|
Must Read
The liver is the largest organ of the body. What happens when liver cells start to overgrow? What types of liver cancer can develop?...
Most of the time, liver cancer does not originate in the liver but has spread from other parts of the body. Learn what puts you at risk of this serious disease....
Symptoms of liver cancer may go unnoticed in the early stages of the disease. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of cancer here....