Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Growing lump on arm ?

About two weeks ago I noticed a small lump (about the size of a dime) on the inside of my forearm and it could move around inside my arm when I touched it. Within the last two weeks it has grown significantly larger, the bump is probably about an 1 inch to 1 1/2 inches long and just starting to bump above the surface of my arm to make it a little bit more noticeable. It can no longer move around in my arm and is substantially larger than when I first noticed it.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 9th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
The correct answer can be given only by examination.
This can be something harmless or it can be a cancerous growth.
Sarcomas, cancerous tumors that rise from soft tissues, such as muscles, lining of the blood vessels, fatty tissue, fibrous tissue that support muscles and blood vessels, are fast growing lumps that can be found on the trunk, leg or arm.

Your physician will determine if the biopsy is needed!
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 11th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
It could be lipoma or sarcoma. Local examination is needed to evaluate it. Histopathology of the lump would be needed to sort out its nature.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.