User Profile
I have been coughing up green phlegm for over 2 years now. MD said it was allergies. (psh!) In a way, I accepted that diagnosis but it felt like it was getting worse a couple of weeks ago. I have tried reducing any inflammatory foods, allergies, intolerance that may affect or increase phlegm; all to no avail. I eat pretty healthy. I have had hypothyroidism for over 10+ years so my diet is limited to basically a paleo or ketogenic diet. I am also soy/dairy intolerant. I limit as much sugars and carbs as possible. Alcohol? None. I drink only distilled water all day and 1 cup of coffee in the morning; maybe 2 cups.
So after eliminating just about every food on the planet, and in believing this could possibly be some kind of respiratory infection, I looked into natural fixes. I came up with apple cider vinegar (ACV) & Pau d'Arco (PDA) tea. I have been using a probiotic for many years by Global Healing Center, but opted to try 1 tall glass of distilled water with 1/2 tsp ACV in the a.m. instead during this attempt to get rid of the green phlegm. I also drank 1 cup of PDA tea every morning. I have been doing this every morning for 1 week, and have been PHLEGM FREE for the last 2 days! ACV is high in probiotics. PDA is a blood purifier and an antibiotic as well. I encourage others to try this if you don't want to get Rx for antibiotics and aggravate your stomach or insides even more. I would be interested to find out if this helps anyone else.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile ShaShita
|

User Profile
replied October 23rd, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
This could be due to allergy or post nasal drop and natural remedies are very helpful.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|

User Profile
replied October 23rd, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
This could be due to allergy or post nasal drop and natural remedies are very helpful.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|

User Profile
replied February 4th, 2019
Re: Green Phlegm
ShaShita wrote:
I have been coughing up green phlegm for over 2 years now. MD said it was allergies. (psh!) In a way, I accepted that diagnosis but it felt like it was getting worse a couple of weeks ago. I have tried reducing any inflammatory foods, allergies, intolerance that may affect or increase phlegm; all to no avail. I eat pretty healthy. I have had hypothyroidism for over 10+ years so my diet is limited to basically a paleo or ketogenic diet. I am also soy/dairy intolerant. I limit as much sugars and carbs as possible. Alcohol? None. I drink only distilled water all day and 1 cup of coffee in the morning; maybe 2 cups.
So after eliminating just about every food on the planet, and in believing this could possibly be some kind of respiratory infection, I looked into natural fixes. I came up with apple cider vinegar (ACV) & Pau d'Arco (PDA) tea. I have been using a probiotic for many years by Global Healing Center, but opted to try 1 tall glass of distilled water with 1/2 tsp ACV in the a.m. instead during this attempt to get rid of the green phlegm. I also drank 1 cup of PDA tea every morning. I have been doing this every morning for 1 week, and have been PHLEGM FREE for the last 2 days! ACV is high in probiotics. PDA is a blood purifier and an antibiotic as well. I encourage others to try this if you don't want to get Rx for antibiotics and aggravate your stomach or insides even more. I would be interested to find out if this helps anyone else.

Thanks for noting what you did regarding that phlegm issue.

I have sent you a message as I wasn't sure if to reply to an old post and whether that would be ok..?

How have you continued to go on since using the tea and ACV you noted..? Have you resolved that phlegm issue that you had for so long....?

Thanks again for posting what you did and I wish you well.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cold, Flu and Viral Infections , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.