Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Green Odorless Discharge?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Thanks for the help.

Today when I was taking a nap, I woke up to usual cramps. I took some Midol, and the cramps went away within an hour. Sorry to be so graphic, but about an hour or two, I went to the bathroom. After I was finished peeing, I felt something coming out of my vagina. I thought I started my period, but when I looked, it was a green discharge. I noticed it barley had some pink tint to it as well, and it was odorless. I have never had that type of discharge before. It usually hurts when I have sex too, but I don't know if that has anyhting to do with the green discharge.

Anyways, I just wanted to see if I should be alarmed enough to call a doctor or if this is fairly common in most women.

Thanks again! Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Sally_S3

User Profile
replied October 15th, 2011
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Altered vaginal discharge, abdominal cramps, painful intercourse could be indicative of vaginal infections. Go ahead with visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for examination, vaginal swab/smear test to identify causative agent. Get started on treatment as indicated. If infective cause is detected, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid tight fitting clothes.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.