Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Forum

Great Pressure in Chest, Stomach, Esophagus, Anyone Else?...

User Profile
Hi, I have been experiencing feelings of emptiness, combined with great pressure in my chest, stomach, esophagus and mid - upper back. It predominantly felt localised in my right side. This pressure feeling also occurs around the diaphragm area sometimes simultaneously, but, more commonly on its own, usually during some kind of exertion. I have also been experiencing more gas/bloating. I have ME/CFS but don't think it is related as I have had that for 2 years and this is only recent. Any ideas would be really helpful? Thank you :)

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2015
General Q and A Answer A51459
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

If your symptoms are like chest and upper abdominal discomfort which increases with exertion it could be a sign of coronary artery disease - Angina. In such cases it would be recommended to consult a cardiologist and seek proper evaluation including a Stress test.

Other Conditions that can present with right sided lower chest or upper abdominal pain can be due to the following conditions :-

1. Hepatitis, or
2. gall bladder inflammation (Cholecystitis ) OR gall stones (Cholelithiasis).
3. Pneumonia of the Lower lobes of the Right lung.
4. Musculoskeletal pain
5. Inflammatory bowel disease, diverticulitis, appendicitis, colitis, etc.
6. Right sided renal stones.

Since the pain is of very severe nature, you might benefit by getting tested for the above conditions by tests including -a complete hemogram, Chest X ray, urinalysis, blood tests (liver function tests), A liver ultrasound or a abdominal CT scan.

Hence for a proper diagnosis and specific treatment, you might consult your primary care physician, who will guide you accordingly.

In the mean time you can try medications like Advil, which can help to control the pain.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is chronic fatigue syndrome? We outline the medical definition and different types of CFS in this intro section....
What causes chronic fatigue? And who does it affect? We outline the main factors doctors think contribute to CFS in this section....
Symptoms of chronic fatigue are also common to other disorders. Learn to identify CFS symptoms and when to seek medical help here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chronic Fatigue Syndrome , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.