Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hair Loss, Hair Disorders Forum

gray color and hair fall. multivitamins are of no use

User Profile
I am experiencing severe hair fall for the last 3 years, but before that never have this problem. I am also having grey hair for the last 15 years and I used many multivitamins but they are of no use. Actually my hair started turning grey when I was 18 years old. Now I am 35 years old and I have tried Perfectil, Epivite and The vitamin company vitamins. Nothing worked in my case. I heard about Fo Ti some Chinese herb. Please, suggest me any good medicine.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 27th, 2014
Hair Loss, Hair Disorders Answer A48927
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern.

Hair fall can be due to a local or systemic cause, locally a fungal infection or increased dandruff or overgrowth of bacteria, systemically drugs, anemia etc can be the cause. Ketovin or Ciclomin shampoos can be used in consult with your doctor if any local problem presents. Zinc deficiency should also be corrected. A genetic element is also among the multi factorial spectrum of both hair fall and grey hair and no treatment exists for that presently.

wishing you best of health

Thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Hair loss affects more than half of the population by age 60. Start here for basic info on hair loss and types of hair loss that doctors can diagnose....
What causes hair loss? Read on for a complete list of possible causes so that you can evaluate and identify hair loss causes....
Do you know the early signs of hair loss? And when does hair loss require medical attention? Get better results for treating hair loss by identifying it early....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hair Loss, Hair Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.