User Profile
Since being diagnosed with gout, I've noticed my urine is alot darker in colour. When the excess uric acid is flushed out of my system, I take it that it will return to it's normal clear colour, or could something else be causing the colour?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 17th, 2018
Gout Answer A64496
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
I would suggest you have urinalysis, peripheral smear and serum lactate dehydrogenase level to sort out the problem.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gout , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.