My husband saw a doctor who very quickly diagnosed his pain as gout without any testing whatsoever. He is 39, a smoker, but in pretty good health aside from slightly overweight. He has severe pain on the top of his left foot, like where the foot connects to the leg where all the little bones are. He hasn't had any injury to the area. He can hardly stand on the foot without stabbing pain. The doc gave him prescription tylenol type pain medication. All the research I've done since then has not backed this diagnosis. Am I missing something? Should he request a specific test? Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 21st, 2013
check uric acid level. Probably cleared up by now if it was gout. Lose the extra weight.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....