Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gout Forum

Gout flare up not going away

I'm a 34 year old female who was diagnosed last year with gout. My first attack was in my big toe. This time is in both my ankles and way worse than before. I'm on allopurinol and indomethacin and still nothing is helping. I have many other health issues that may be contributing to this attack lasting so long but I need to function again. My whole life is on hold right now. The more I'm on my feet the worse the swelling is but I am trying add often as possible to keep them up. Any advice is appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i think you should try a combination of allopurinol and febuxostat. If you are under excretor then you will help with sulfinpyrazone. Let your rheumatologist have a look. Avoid diets rich in purines, exercise, stay hydrated and lose weight.

Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gout , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.