Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

gout and ostroposis arthritis all over the body at a young age,,

Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
hi I have ostro/ arthritis in my spine and joints all over my body. I have had gout since I was 19 and now find out I have this other type of arthritis, I lost 75 pounds in 6 months only to find out it hurts more now than it did when I was over weight I am now 44 and I havent been able to work for almost 3 years what can I expect next is there hope for me thanks
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 15th, 2011
Hello, and thanks for your medical question on ehealth forum.

It seems that you have severe pain issues resulting due to arthritis.

You might consult a orthopedician, who can get X rays and CT scans of the concerned joints and decide upon the course of treatment, which can include procedures like arthroplasty , or medical treatment with steroid injections that can reduce the pain and inflammation.

In addition consulting a pain clinic might be helpful for proper management of the pain.

I hope this helps.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Arthritis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.