Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gout Forum

gout and its relation with sprain

User Profile
i have a history of repetitive sprain ( right ankle). Now my doctor suspects that iam suffering from gout. Does gout have any impact on sprains ? Iam 23 years old weighing 75kg, 5feet 8 inches
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 5th, 2013
Gout and sprains
This is very intriguing as I have seen other people posting similar links with gout and sprains. I am 35 and have been suffering from gout for about ten years. I am fit and healthy, very active, eat a balanced diet and drink occasional alcohol. I suffer in both my ankles (especially my right one) and I have said repeatedly to my doctor that I think there is a link between multiple bad sprains that I have had in both feet due to sporting injuries. The doctor says there is no link. I think this should be researched.
|

User Profile
replied August 6th, 2013
i know that if i sprain a joint the gout will start attacking that joint right away for me.

i have sprained my finger once by catching me from falling and gout started in that area and i also have sprained my knee and gout went right to that area.

so i think there is a connection.
|
Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....