Hi guys, I have been using an omega 3 fish oil for almost a year now and they used to use herring fish to make the oil.

Recently they have changed the formulation to sardine/anchovies. I know that sardine/anchovies are foods to avoid but what about their oils? Do their oils contain high levels of purines?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper KenBee
|

User Profile
replied September 9th, 2008
Supporter
Here's an FDA ruling on the nutrient content claims of Omega-3 Fatty Acids in lots of foods, including anchovies.
|

replied July 7th, 2009
Everyone has a different Gout trigger.
For me I have discovered it is actually oily fish and fish oils that cause my gout.

I also recently had an attack, after about 5 years of avoiding eating oily fish, which was caused by regulary consuming Pumpkin Seeds, which I found out are also high in omega 3.
That appears to be my gout trigger.
Be carefull with fish oils.......use with caution.
|
Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....