Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > TMJ Forum

Got my mouth to open for the first time after a YEAR

Long story short, I haven't been able to open my jaw since august 2017.

One morning I woke up and it was completely locked into place and it just never opened back up again... I took muscle relaxants, anti-inflammatories, got a nightguard, went to multiple chiropractors, dentists and physiotherapists, got botox, none of them made a difference to me. This problem has caused me thousands.

And I just fixed it with a $30 object.

I have tears in my eyes as I type this because I thought I'd never open my mouth again. So I want to share it for anyone who has a closed lock.

I bought a gua sha for a completely unrelated reason because I'm really into skincare. It's basically a flat rock (mine is made of rose quartz) that's supposed to uplift your face. About a week ago, my jaw was really aching so I decided to grab the gua sha and rub it up and down my jaw muscles. I no joke did this for about 40 minutes.

I noticed my jaw was opening a tiiiiny bit more (which is more than anything else has done) so I told myself I'm gonna do this every day. This is the sixth consecutive day of massaging my jaw muscles with the gua sha and it popped open!!! There was a lot of crackling and then pop! It finally opened up. I can now fit three fingers in my mouth with ease. I'm SO HAPPY.

When I first started doing it I could feel the muscles were super rigid, tense and had tons of knots in them. As I kept doing this daily the muscles in my face feel smoother and smoother. I always believed it was a bone problem causing my issues but this proves it was entirely muscular. I follow up each time with 30 minutes of heating pad on my face.

I'm going to continue doing this daily so it doesn't lock back up.

I hope this helps someone out there.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply