Medical Questions > Cancer > Thyroid Cancer Forum

Goiter or lymph node ?

i am 25 yrs old and there is something on my left side of my neck its like round or something..and when i move my neck and my back it get hurt i dont knoe wat really is it... i dont noe wat it is.. im confusing if its a goiter o something somebody can help me wat does the it feels when u have a goiter? im so worried..pls
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2010
You need to get the same examined by family physician.There many swelling in neck and all may not be thyroid related.However if the nodule or swelling is thyroid related proper treatment is necessary after some lab tests besides Ultrasound neck is done.
Actually some times neck swelling may be due to enlarged lymph nodes which may also hurt if relatead to sore throat or any Upper respiratory tract infection etc.
A thorough examination by your physician besides Ultrasound may be helpful thanks from Dr Chowhan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Thyroid Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.