I was "diagnosed" with the above disease by what i now know as an unreputable doc and now dont know whether to continue following the rules of the gi or not as i still have the symptoms with or without the dietary rules. Pls advise. Thankyou.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 1st, 2013
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

You have not mentioned what symptoms and issues you have been facing, which does not help to make a independent assessment.

If you have any doubts, regarding your diagnosis, and you are not happy with your current doctor, you should seek a second opinion, with another gastroenterologist. If not done earlier, a endoscopy procedure and intestinal biopsy, should be done, which can help to diagnose or rule out malabsorption syndromes.

I hope this helps

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Is Celiac disease a food allergy? (it is not) What causes Celiac and what puts you at risk for developing it? Basic facts about Celiac Disease here....
What can trigger celiac disease? And who is at risk of developing the disorder? Click here to learn more....
A range of symptoms manifest during Celiac Disease. Learn what signs and symptoms to look for, and when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Celiac Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.