My doctor recently told me to quit eating gluten and dairy because he assumed they were what was causing my terrible constipation and stomach bloating. He did not do any tests to figure out if this was correct. For the most part I have been on a gluten/dairy-free diet for about 3 weeks. I have been eating more natural foods and more corn containing foods. Since on the diet my constipation has gone away but I have been having very loose stools and abdominal discomfort. I’ve just started a food diary. Is there any way a doctor can determine food allergies from a stool test? Do you think symptoms are from another food or is it just my body getting used to the new diet?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 24th, 2013
Community Volunteer
I think some of it may be your body getting used to the new diet. However, there are tests to be done to determine if you actually have a gluten (Celiac Disease) and/or dairy allergy. You may want to contact an allergy doctor, or a gastro doctor. Most people who cut out gluten feel MUCH better pretty quickly. Good luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....