I would like to know more about a gluten free diet and if it could possibly help my son?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 3rd, 2009
My daughter-in-law is allergic to gluten. There's a test your doctor can do to see if your son is allergic, too. I'm not a medical person(I think you should check with your doctor first to rule out other conditions), but the difference for my daughter-in-law when she went gluten-free was dramatic. You have to be careful, though and read EVERY food label - there is wheat or gluten in things you would never suspect. If you have a Whole Foods grocery store nearby, they have a pretty good selection of gluten free items. Good luck.
|
Users who thank zquest8 for this post: helpmyson 

replied March 30th, 2010
I would highly recommend checking out the book, "Healthier Without Wheat" by Dr. Stephen Wangen. It would definitely provide you with a better understanding of gluten intolerance. As stated on the back cover, it will teach you..."How to find out if wheat or gluten is making you sick. Why this can be more difficult than it may appear. How hundreds of health problems are connected to wheat and gluten reactions. How you can be gluten intolerant even if you don't have celiac disease. Why non-celiac gluten intolerance can make you just as sick as celiac disease. How to determine if you infant or child reacts to wheat or gluten. What to do if you are avoiding gluten but not getting better. Nutritional deficiencies commonly seen in gluten intolerance." Hopefully this helps you as much as it has helped me!
Do you suspect that your son is gluten intolerant?
|

replied April 20th, 2010
Digestive enzymes have helped out with my gluten intolerance. I still have to avoid gluten but not as much. It took me awhile to find a digestive enzyme product that didn't contain an enzyme called Malt Diasitase. Malt Diasitase comes from barely or wheat I was told so I stay clear of it. Good luck
|

replied August 15th, 2010
Corn Free Popcorn
zquest8 wrote:
My daughter-in-law is allergic to gluten. There's a test your doctor can do to see if your son is allergic, too. I'm not a medical person(I think you should check with your doctor first to rule out other conditions), but the difference for my daughter-in-law when she went gluten-free was dramatic. You have to be careful, though and read EVERY food label - there is wheat or gluten in things you would never suspect. If you have a Whole Foods grocery store nearby, they have a pretty good selection of gluten free items. Good luck.

I found an interesting Corn-Free and Gluten Free popcorn at wholefood called, Mini Pops.
They're really good.
|

replied January 12th, 2011
gluten free diet must.Then suitability of oats in the gluten-free diet is still somewhat controversial. Some research suggests that oats in themselves are gluten free, Magnesium, Vitamin D are also Gluten free
|

replied November 3rd, 2011
Gluten Free Diet - Protein
Hello everyone,

It took me a long time to find this but I use a great gluten free protein called Mirrabooka Protein which I add to my smoothies and breakfast... the protein keeps me going for longer...
|

replied November 3rd, 2011
Gluten Free Diet - Protein
Hello everyone,

It took me a long time to find this but I use a great gluten free protein called Mirrabooka Protein which I add to my smoothies and breakfast... the protein keeps me going for longer...
|

replied December 6th, 2011
Natural gluten free protein
Hey helenebrown, thanks so much for the recommendation. Seriously, Ive been looking for a good gluten free protein for ages too...

I checked out the website for Mirrabooka Protein and it looks like a really natural, healthy protein. I looked at the nutritional specs and it looks pretty good - high in protein content.

Do you have any recipes for the smoothies or breakfast?
|
Tags: Diet
Quick Reply
Must Read
Is Celiac disease a food allergy? (it is not) What causes Celiac and what puts you at risk for developing it? Basic facts about Celiac Disease here....
What can trigger celiac disease? And who is at risk of developing the disorder? Click here to learn more....
A range of symptoms manifest during Celiac Disease. Learn what signs and symptoms to look for, and when to seek help....