Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Glute pain (L4 protrusion & hip labral tear)

Hoping to find someone who has any advice. I have had glute pain radiating due to a L4 disc protrusion (maybe) for 2 years. My first MRI shows a minor L4 disc protrusion. It seems like piriformis syndrome, but may not be. I have done acupuncture, massage, physical therapy, strength training, rest, walking, etc. I could go on and on and on.
I tried cortisone after a year of being in pain and it worked great for 4 months. I was amazed at how well it worked. I tried a 2nd round of cortisone, same procedure, and it did nothing this time. My Dr. Said that is the last epidural cortisone he’ll do in my back.

I just got results of a 2nd MRI, but this time of my hip, and I have a labral tear and cysts. This is due to a softball injury years ago and I ignored it. They want to try cortisone in my hip to see if it helps with glute pain .

Has anyone had either labral tear in their hip along with a disc protrusion? The constant glute pain is so frustrating. I haven’t been able to sleep on my back or stomach for over a year.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jaime123
|

replied June 15th, 2012
Jaime
I have same thing going on with me. I have a small tear/bulge in my S1 L5. I had a injection but it did not do much. I than had a MRI of both hips. I have labral tears on both side with cysts. The doctor said I have something called FAI (hip impingements). I am not sure what to think. He thinks surgery could help me. It's just hard to get surgery on my hips when most of my pain is in my glutes and lower back. Have you found any other answers to you pains?
|

replied November 6th, 2012
Jaime: See this web site for a treatment that might be worth investigating. It seems to have benefitted a ballet dancer who wrote a testimonial. John

|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...