Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Glucose Intolerant?

Please help figure out what is wrong with me.

After I eat I get very, very sleepy, almost like I took a sleeping pill. (Not the normal laziness one gets after stuffing themselves. I never stuff myself. I eat very small meals.) Also, my head feels awful - like it is swelling sort of, with pressure. I also feel some anxiety while I eat, and even some sadness (I do not have any mental disorders).

These symptoms go away after a while but they never leave 100%. Other symptoms I have that may or may not be related include feeling lightheaded (especially when I stand up), nausea (especially when I don't eat), ringing in my head, a burning sensation on my feet and lower legs (especially at night).

Due to my epilepsy, constipation, and vulvodynia and interstitial cystitis, there is very little I can eat. My diet usually consists of Cornflakes or Rice Krispies for breakfast with 1% milk and a banana, no sugar. During the day I eat plain brown rice with a little salt cooked in, and Tasti Taters plain. Sometimes I eat peas with a little butter. Sometimes I eat eggs, hashbrowns, broccoli and ham scrambled with a little butter. I eat popcorn (Natural) almost every evening. Sometimes I eat grilled chicken and potatoes. I eat fresh cucumbers. So yeah, my diet consists mainly of corn, rice, and potatoes.

Due to my epilepsy I CANNOT eat ANY whole grains or Parmesan cheese or beans. I also try to limit my dairy, sugar, caffeine, white flour, and MSG. It is the gluatamate or gluatmine in these foods that cause me problems with my epilepsy. I have been epileptic for 10 years but only when I tried to switch over to whole grains completely last year to help my constipation did I start getting problems with food and epilepsy.

When I eat sugar the only way I can explain it is I feel strange, especially in my head. I also do not eat any sucralose or fake sugars, they have made me feel ill for years. These other symptoms only cropped up in the last year.

I have also found that I need to eat meals no more than every 3 hours or else I don't feel well.

Please help. I don't get to see my doctor until October. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 7th, 2010
Experienced User
Could somebody please help me figure out what is wrong with me? Any ideas, such as hypoglycemia maybe? Thanks!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....