Has anyone else run into this? I was on Cosamin DS , 3 pills a day for 2 months, and after the first month it was like a miracle drug. Not only did my thumb arthritis pain go away but also my big toe pain from bunions that had been bothering me for 2-3 years, and also the left hip soreness that I'd had off and on for 10+ years! As instructed I cut down to one pill a day after 2 months. Within 6 weeks the aches and pains started coming back.
I'm not sure it's something you can continue taking 3 pills a day. And I'd heard it can raise cholesterol too.

Sue
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 22nd, 2010
Do you know what blood type you are, I won't ever get tired of recommending others to eat right for your blood type. I know that your arthritis is not a new issue, however you can definitely help your body by eating only what your body can correctly digest, if not, all the foods that are not beneficial will affect your body tremendously. Of course before making any changes you have to consult your doctor, but once your start you will feel the difference. Let me know if you want to know more and I can tell you where to get more info.
|

replied March 22nd, 2010
O positive
|

replied March 22nd, 2010
Very interesting, type O have a greater tendency to suffer from joint inflammation, as well as digestive problems: ulcers, gastritis among others. My husband is type O, so I know that things he should refrain from, which are: gluten (white and wheat bread, flour), corn, dairy, nuts (except for walnuts, and pumpkin seeds), potatoes (except for sweet potatoes), strawberries, all types of vinegar, cabbage, coffee decaf or regular. The highly beneficial are: lean red meat (organic if possible), ground beef, buffalo, really all meats are good except for pork, ham, goose and of course bacon, Essene bread, brown rice is ok, plums, figs, seltzer water, flaxseed, green tea. Well there are many more good foods, and many more that you should totally avoid. My husband and my friend who's also O have experienced a great improvement with their joints. If you want more info let me now!
|
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....