User Profile
Hi. I'm not sure exactly what is going on with myself, but I've been feeling really chilled lately especially in the hands and feet. Occasionally, my nose is chilled, too. I know I have peripheral vasoconstriction already for sure, but within the last 2 months I've been feeling increasingly dizzy when I go from sitting to standing. Once I stand for a certain length of time (maybe 5-10 mins) and lay down abruptly, I actually notice an increase in my heart rate.

The past couple weeks, I've started to develop some chest pains when laying down (specifically on my left side around my ribcage area and/or left breast region (I'm a male). I'm experiencing what seems like some dyspnea-like symptoms as well.

My concern lies in something with the thyroid and/or adrenal glands. I have a pituitary gland that does not make adequate amounts of FSH and LH due to unknown reasons as diagnosed by my endocrinologist. Lately though, the dizziness and cold/chilled bodily regions are distressing

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 9th, 2018
Gland Disorders Answer A64580
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Your symptoms could be due to Addison disease or connective tissue disease.
I would suggest you to have morning serum cortisol and ANA to rule out organic cause.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gland Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.