Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

girlfriends complains of symptoms of pregnancy

please doctor, my girlfriend complains of symptoms of pregnancy but and its ova a month now, what contraceptive can u advice me to get for her.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 15th, 2013
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

First your girl friend needs to take a pregnancy test and see. If she is pregnant she cannot take any contraceptives. If she has not had her periods, then she needs to consult a gynecologist. First medications will be given to bring about the period and then she can start on any contraceptive pill. If she does not want to take a pill daily then she can opt for Implanon or depot shots. Please let her consult her gynecologist regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.