Medical Questions > Nutrition > Vitamins Forum

Ginkgo Biloba, Omega 3-6-9, Vitamine B Complex

Hello there,

I've been taking Ginkgo Biloba, Omega 3-6-9, Vitamin B Complex daily for the last 5 years and haven't really noticed any serious side effects or anything and was wondering if I keep taking them or should take a break for some time. The reason I started taking them was that I wanted to improve my memory and generally brain functions. What do you guys think? Have you heard anything about these 3 vitamins?

Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 24th, 2008
Supporter
I would think that long term use of the Omegas are OK --- as these are fatty acids that we normally ingest in our diet.

The other effects you might need to research. The National Library of Medicine is a good place to start:

Gingko Biloba

B12 Vitamin

Vitamins
|

replied September 24th, 2008
Thank you
Thank you, Supporter!

Even though I mentioned that there wasn't any serious effects or change maybe there are some effects which I don't recognize myself. For example, I wanted my user name be lifeisgood but messed it up on the last letter and now it's lifeisgoog Razz

Well anyway, I decided to take a break from these vitamins for some time and see if anything happens.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day.

Best regards,

LifeIsGoog
|

User Profile
replied September 25th, 2008
Supporter
Smile You're welcome. It's good to take a break from vitamins and supplements every now and then, except for those that we need each day. For example, I take echincaea for 3 months every winter, take a little month break, and then start again...but I don't take any in the summer. Other supplements (psyllium husks for digestion) I take only when I need them. But, you can ALWAYS ask your doctor, or consult a nutritionist about the latest opinions in medicine as regards these vitamins. That's funny about your username, too.
|