Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Getting tested for possible HIV infection

User Profile
hello,

i recently had unprotected oral sex (i received from a lady) and i also had protected vaginal sex with her. She is sexually promiscuous and says she gets check ups regularly. During vaginal penetration i pulled out and she gave me oral sex WITH the condom on. I was going limp so she pulled the condom OFF and proceeded to give me oral. I put a new condom on and proceeded to have vaginal sex with her.

my question is, is it possible to be infected with HIV when she had vaginal secretions in her mouth and her hand while giving me oral/a hand job??

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 20th, 2010
HIV and AIDS Answer A9338
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can help you.

You would like to know whether you might have been infected with HIV.

HIV, human immune deficiency virus, causes weakening of the immune system. It is transmitted when an individual's blood flow has a direct contact with bodily liquids like blood, pre-ejaculate, semen, vaginal liquid and breast milk. Unprotected intercourse, oral or vaginal, is a possibility for individuals to be infected with sexual transmitted diseases such as gonorrhea, herpes, syphilis, uretritis caused by Mycoplasma spec., or Ureaplasma spec., hepatitis B or C,including infection with HIV.

According to the data that you described, you may or may not be infected with HIV. To be completely sure, you should consider having the HIV diagnostic tests no less than three months after the event. See a venereologist if you experience any symptoms related to infections of the genital system.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider such as a venereologist for further advice and information about diagnosis and treatment options of sexually transmitted diseases including HIV.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.