I am considering getting tested for Chlamydia since I found out that someone I slept with has just tested positive for it. I am slightly nervous though about getting tested as, apart from being worried about having it, I'm also concerned that other people will also find out, which is something I'm keen to avoid.
Are there any ways of getting tested without anyone finding out?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 20th, 2009
There are loads of postal schemes now so you can send off your sample to the docs without having to go in?

But otherwise I'd suggest an online pharmacy? Boots and Lloyds do chlamydia tests I think? Check it out...

But really, you shouldn't be worried the incidence of Chlamydia is so common that GP's have seen it all before
|

User Profile
replied August 20th, 2009
Experienced User
Most places you go to get tested have a privacy form you can fill out so you dont have to worry about anyone finding out. If you do test positive, they will ask who your sexual partners where for however long they go back. In my state, its required you get treated and all of your sex partners get notified, discreetly or not, whatever your choice is.
|

replied August 27th, 2009
hey, know what your going through ,but it really is important to go get tested, don't know about where you live but i'm from the Uk and i remember that if a partner was found to have it then you would be given treatment for it anyway because its likely that you could have it. I'd suggest getting a general testing for all stds.
no one needs to know, they are not going to tell anyone that you have gone to get tested unless you tell anyone.
I know its really scary but at the end of the day, would you rather be scared about finding out about it, or scared about having it and doing nothing, which could lead to later problems. Well that was my thoughts on it anyway- i'd rather just know the answer and get it sorted than worry.
Also if you did have it, its really easily treated and you will feel so much better just knowing the truth.
Hope you are all ok though- good luck. Smile
|

replied September 24th, 2009
I used Treatdiscreet.co.uk I was so worried but like everyone else said you have to know. otherwise it might effect your long term health. This website is a UK registered Pharmacy so its not dodgy..

Good luck mate
|
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....