Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

getting pregnant with genital warts?

mY FRIEND TOLD ME I COULD HAVE GENITAL WARTS. IF THAT IS SO IS CAN I STILL GET PREGNATE ARE WILL THAT CAUSE A PROBLEM FOR ME AN MY PARTNER?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 13th, 2008
Experienced User
Yes, you can get pregnant if you have genital warts. If you are pregnant, you should not use podophyllin or podofilox to treat the HPV outbreak because these medications are absorbed by the skin and may cause birth defects in your baby. In addition, you should not use 5-fluorouracil cream if you are expecting.

Genital warts, however, may cause a number of problems during pregnancy. Sometimes the warts get larger during pregnancy, making it difficult to urinate. If the warts are in the vagina, they can make the vagina less elastic and cause obstruction during delivery.

Rarely, infants born to women with genital warts develop warts in their throats (laryngeal papillomatosis). Although uncommon, it is a potentially life-threatening condition for the child, requiring frequent laser surgery to prevent obstruction of the breathing passages.

Does that help?
|

replied January 28th, 2018
you mean if u have active warts while pregnant ur baby can have hpv too?? even u give cesarian session??? what best thing to do then
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....