Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

getting pregnant while on the pill??

I am in my second month of Tri-Sprintec and I have missed like 3 pills. I have had unprotected sex like 4 times this month. I have had very tender breasts and sharp pains around my uterus(which was the only sign of pregnancy I had with my son). Could I be pregnant. I still have a week of the real pills, so if i bought a test would i get the right results?? Also I have had a lot of discharge and some light spotting that happened for a day.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 7th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
ive been told that if its been 2 weeks since you last had sex you can go ahead and test..yes missing 3 pills is going to greatly increase your chances of becoming pregnant..but for now you'll just have to wait it out, the pills you have left should not effect your hpt results...maybe you should consider setting an alarm on your phone just as a reminder
|

replied January 7th, 2009
The spotting can be caused by missing the pills. I missed one pill once and started spotting about a week or so later and didn't quit until I got my next pack.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...