User Profile
Hello,
im 19 years old and haven't had a period since aug 22 2009. and before that it was may 2 2009 and before that February 2009. anyways i know i am young but ive been wanting to get preg with no luck. its very frustrating. i have thought about all the responsibilities in being a parent and im ready. we've been trying with no luck. i was wondering if maybe i cant conceive because my periods are so irregular or if there is something i can do to help boost my fertility. i am over weight but i dont know if that is whats effecting it or not . i have recently started working out and im hoping that will help us.. please message me back with any information that can help me
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 14th, 2010
Hello, I advice you and your partner to go to a clinic to see if you two are able to conceive or not first then talk to your doctor to see if s/he can help you to conceive and I would also get checked for Sexual transmitted diseases just to make sure because Some sexual transmitted diseases can be hard to diagnose as there could be no pain or appearance and sadly some can leave you or your partner infertile, So please go to the doctors, as that is your best way to get your answers.

Faithy.
|

User Profile
thank you. we have thought about going to the doctor to see but i dont want the doctor to judge me because i am only 19. most people my age are trying to prevent it and we want it. however my friend told me that im an adult and its my life and my decisions. and i one hundred percent agree with her. ive been taking birth control hoping that will help regulate me then we can try again. because it seems like the only time i get my period is when ive taken birth control
|

User Profile
and since im so young i didnt know if there was anything they can do anyways
|

User Profile
I still advice you to see that doctor s/he is not there to judge you but to help you so pleases do, It could open more doors to you and clear your head

Faithy
|

User Profile
thank you so much. i will look into it.. do you have any advice about going about it? like what do i say?
|

replied January 15th, 2010
You need to go to OB first and then ask about your irregular periods. It can affect your effort in TTC.

I think the doctor will understand your concern of getting pregnant at a young age.

As for your weight, it would be great to lessen it up. Sometimes being overweight affects TTC too. SO it's great that you're trying to do some work outs. Keep it up.

Best wishes to you..
|

User Profile
replied January 15th, 2010
thank you.. i was just getting ready to ask if maybe my weight is effecting it because last time i was at this weight i lost 30 lbs and had pretty regular periods. so i think maybe my weight is just effecting it. so im pretty confident that if i lose weight i will get pregnant.
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2010
by the way im not huge. i just need to lose like 25-30 lbs. my boyfriend was concerned that my statements put off i was severely overweight.
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2010
ive decided im going to call the doctors monday and make an appointment to get a pap and go from there. this is very frustrating and maybe he can help me.
|

User Profile
replied January 18th, 2010
i made a doc appt for fri, jan 22 at 11 am. now can anyone help me figure out how i go about doing this. do i tell him that im trying to conceive? or should i just tell him i want my periods regulated? or just tell him everything.. any info would help tremendously.
|

replied January 21st, 2010
I think that you should tell the doctor everything,he cant help you or give you the right tests if you dont,if he judges you then he is very unprofessional and you should find another doctor.I know its hard as i too have been in a simalar position, i had my first child at just 16 and my second at 19,but i found all the doctors to be very lovely.please dont be affraid to tell the doctor your concerns,just go in and tell him that you have irregular periods and that you and your partner would like to have a child in the near future and is he able to test both of you for fertility so that you wont have to worry about until that time....you cant spend the next few months worrying about it when the doc can put your mind at rest,just tell him you would rather know sooner than find out in a few years time...also the more you think about it and worry about it the harder it is to fall pregnant,sometimes forgetting about it works...but go and see the doctor and be brave.goodluck
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2010
thank you so much. that is very helpful Smile Smile
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....