Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

getting out of abusive relationship, extremely depressed...

Ok, I am just getting out of an abusive relationship..I. am extremely depressed and almost feel guilty for leaving..I know I have to do it ..he will hurt me if I dnt ...I just turned 20..and our daughter is now six months..I know I have to think about her first..sorry to just throw this out there everyone...
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper doriemai21
|

replied June 6th, 2012
I just decided to get out of an abusive relationship for good, no more second guessing. For the first time in a while I feel free although I do worry about my personal safety. The next step is to be completely honest with a couple trusted friends and my closest neighbor so they can help if this guy turns up with intention to harm me. If I can come through that okay then maybe he is gone for good.
It is too bad there is a child involved in your case, be sure to take her safety into consideration when working out the custody. An angry person often will take their frustrations out on a child because they know they can't fight back.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....