Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

getting off of psych meds

I have been on medication for going on six years for severe decompression, and I want to stop. I am currently taking 5 different meds a day and I'm only 19. I'm on a mixture of anti psychics antidepressants and antiquity meds. I feel like they don't help any more and I've changed meds several times.I don't think it's very healthy to take this many drugs while I'm so young. So in short I was wondering if anybody's ever quit and if you have any tips.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 23rd, 2015
Depression
|

replied March 23rd, 2015
Anti psychotic s
|

replied March 23rd, 2015
Anti anxiety sorry:/
|

replied March 24th, 2015
Experienced User
I am sorry for you that in this age you are having such problems. If you feel that your meds don't help you then ask your doctor to change them. You can also take therapies that are quite effective.
|

replied April 9th, 2015
I went through postpartum depression and took medicines for almost 2years. I got off them by the help of my doctor, because it is very dangerous to stop them cold turkey. I feel better now and I don't need meds. Good luck.

Acupuncture and talk therapy helps too if you think medicine are not working for you. Hang in there, there is always light at the end of the tunnel.
|
Tags: Depression
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....