I have been taking 0.5mg Alprazolam every day in the night for the last 6 months and I'm taking Prodep 20mg once a day as well. I want to stop taking Alprazolam as I have learnt its habit forming and need to know the correct way to get off it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 6th, 2009
Experienced User
Your doctor wouldn't have prescribed it if he or she didn't think it was safe and necessary. If you are worried about dependence, talk to the doctor that prescribed it. You may need to be weaned off of it slowly or have it replaced with another medication.
|

replied May 6th, 2009
Well the thing is its my general physican that prescribed it as I was having problems going to sleep, I have been on other sleeping tablets as well. I don't want to vist a Psychiatric as he will prescribe some other medication, I just want to get off this and try to sleep on my own.
|

replied May 7th, 2009
Experienced User
Have you tried taking half a pill instead of a whole one for a week or so and see how you do? Then go down to a quarter.
|

replied May 11th, 2009
Yes I've started taking 0.25mg a day for the last one week now and I was wondering for how long should I take that strength to go down to the next level. Its difficult to cut tablet into 1/4 so should I be taking it every other day for the next level.
|
Tags: alprazolam
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....