I am a 24 yr old male and was diagnosed with ADD when I was 7 years old. I have been o n some form of Ritalin or Adderal since then, mostly Adderal the past 10 years. I have been taking 20mg 4 times a day for the past 5 or 6 years. I want off the drugs. I stopped 2 days ago and don't know if I can do it. I feel like a stranger inside my own body. Sometimes I shake. I am over eating. I can't sleep and when I do I am sleeping 12 - 14 hours. Any advice? Suggestions? Tips on making it off this stuff with the least amount of side effects? Please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 30th, 2010
I see this post was from 2009.

Did you end up being able to get off of it? If so, what was that like and how long did it take you?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...