Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Genital Warts-Risks of another outbreak if sex with the carrier?

I have been diagnosed with HPV Types 6 and 11 and currently have genital warts from a previous partner. I had the initial break out of warts approximately 3 months after having sex with my male partner who never had the warts. My ob says hes a carrier. I have been treated for the warts and they are going away. I now would like to get back with the partner that was the carrier of the HPV and ultimately made me contract the warts 3 months ago. MY question is this--What is the risk, if we have protected sex, of me contracting new warts and will this continue to happen if I chose to stay with long term? Am I going to get new warts every time we have sex?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....