Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

genital warts or could it be inflamed yeast bumps?

User Profile
Few months ago, I found out I had low-risk HPV. Couple weeks ago,I had a UTI and put on antibiotics, but that led to a yeast infection in which I noticed bumps inside the vagina for the first time. Went to urgent care to get yeast infection treatment and immediately was cured, but the bumps are still there. 3 weeks later, the bumps are still there. Went back to urgent care and Dr (not my regular Dr) said they could be genital warts and took cultures in which the results showed HPV, which I already knew I had. They prescribe Aldara for the warts, but in between that time of waiting for the results from the culture I went to my regular Practioner and he did an exam and said I DON'T have genital warts and it could be inflamed bumps from my yeast infection and said I should not take the Aldara. so my concern is, it's been 3 weeks since my yeast infection and few months since I found out I had HPV and two Dr's saying two different things. I don't know what to do, i just wantbumps to go away

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 28th, 2013
Yeast Infection Answer A44561
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If the problem of yeast infection is recurrent, or if the sequelae is due to yeast infection then getting started on probiotic after antibiotic or antifungal treatment would be of help. If the bumps are still present, they could be due to blocked Bartholin’s gland duct or paraurethral glands. Consider getting re-examination done by your treating doctor/gynecologist and get started on treatment as appropriate to control your symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.